|3/4 cup quick-cooking oats||1 1/2 cups sliced almonds|
|3/4 cup all-purpose flour||10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|3/4 cup sugar||1/4 cup half-and-half or whole milk|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon||1/4 cup light corn syrup|
|3/4 teaspoon chili powder||1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda||4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with baking mat or heavy-duty aluminum foil buttered generously.
- In large bowl, whisk oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in almonds.
- Add butter, half-and-half or milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons of batter onto cookie sheets at least 3 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time until the cookies are flat and browned around the edges. About 7 to 9 minutes. Cool cookies on the sheet several minutes until firm enough to transfer to cooling rack.
- When all cookies are baked, melt the chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Using a very small tipped pastry bag or the tines of a fork, drizzle he chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the tops of the cookies.
Makes about 4 dozen