|1 cup butter or margarine, softened||2/3 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup cocoa||1 cup finely chopped pecans|
|9 ounce package chocolate kisses||Powdered sugar|
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour and cocoa. Stir into butter mixture. Add pecans. Beat on low until well blended.
- Chill dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Heat oven to 375.
- Mold tablespoon of dough around each unwrapped chocolate kiss, covering kiss completely. Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar. Roll in powdered sugar again before serving, if desired.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.