|3/4 cup cocoa||2 eggs|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda||1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup butter or margarine||1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup boiling water||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups sugar||1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13×9 pan or two 8×8 pans.
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Blend in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water and stir until thick. Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup butter. Stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chips and stir. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes for 9×13 pan or 30 to 35 minutes for 8×8 pans or until brownie begins to pull away from sides.
- Cool completely and frost. Cut into squares.
Use your favorite frosting or try Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.