Dip in olive oil and bread spices for an appetizer or snack. Works well with Italian dishes.
You can use melted shortening or vegetable oil in place of the olive oil, but I used olive oil for all instances calling for oil.
Also good topped with garlic, parmesan cheese, and a little Italian seasoning or bread spices.
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm milk
- 5 cups flour
- Mix water, sugar, and yeast in large bowl. Mix milk and oil in warming pan. Stir salt into flour.
- Now combine all three groups of ingredients together in large bowl. Turn on floured board and knead 20 times.
- Let rise until doubled in oiled bowl. Punch down. Pour 2-3 T oil in 10” x 15” pan. Add dough and pat down to 1 inch. Let rise.
- Bake 18-20 minutes 450 degrees Next baste top with oil, then sprinkle with garlic (if desired) and return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on paper towels
- One package of yeast is 2 1/4 teaspoons.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.