I wasn’t sure about this recipe. Ham just didn’t seem like the right meat. However, it turned out to be a family favorite. Hot, spicy, and full of flavor!
I’ve used pressed ham, smoked ham, smoked pork shoulder, and combinations of all three and it was good every time.
Make sure you adjust cooking time for fresh jalapenos or if you double the recipe.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, chopped (or 4 oz can green chili peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- A few drops of bottled hot pepper sauce
- Corn Bread
- In slow cooker combine ham, cheese, tomato sauce, jalapenos or green chili peppers, green onion, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Use your favorite corn bread recipe. This is the one I use: http://krysonskreations.com/2014/07/16/corn-bread/
- To serve, split hot corn bread in half. Spoon El Paso Ham on bottom half of corn bread. Cover with corn bread top and spoon more El Paso Ham on top.