I made this a few days ago and thought I would share my experiences.
The oats turned out yummy, but I added a cup of raisins and a cup of dried cranberries before baking. The cranberries plumped up, they deflated again later, but the raisins burned. So now I have chewy and kinda hard burnt sweet pieces of something that looks black and scary in my granola. I suggest adding the fruit after baking to avoid burning it.
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons syrup (for flavor)
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup dried fruit (optional)
- Toss ingredients together and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes. Store in a lidded container or equivalent.