I’ve tried many pancake recipes looking for the perfect pancake. So far, this one is my husband’s favorite and seems to be the closest I can come to that fluffy, yummy pancake I remember eating as a child.
Tastes great with maple syrup, chocolate chips, strawberries and whipped cream, peanut butter, bacon or whatever your favorite toppings. My favorite topping is Peach Berry Sauce, but sometimes I like to just throw my bacon and fried egg on the pancake then smother it in real maple syrup.
What are your favorite toppings?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. You don’t have to sift, but sifting once or twice can make for a fluffier pancake.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Lightly oil griddle or frying pan. Over medium heat, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Brown on each side and serve.
- If using milk instead of buttermilk, lower the amount by 1/4 cup. Buttermilk is thicker, so using the same amount of milk makes for a runny batter.