I’ve tried many pancake recipes looking for the perfect pancake. So far, this one is my husband’s favorite and seems to be the closest I can come to that fluffy, yummy pancake I remember eating as a child.
Tastes great with maple syrup, chocolate chips, strawberries and whipped cream, peanut butter, bacon or whatever your favorite toppings. My favorite topping is Peach Berry Sauce, but sometimes I like to just throw my bacon and fried egg on the pancake then smother it in real maple syrup.
What are your favorite toppings?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. You don’t have to sift, but sifting once or twice can make for a fluffier pancake.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Lightly oil griddle or frying pan. Over medium heat, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Brown on each side and serve.
- If using milk instead of buttermilk, lower the amount by 1/4 cup. Buttermilk is thicker, so using the same amount of milk makes for a runny batter.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.