I was looking for something to do with the frozen carrots I had, when I found this recipe on Eating Well. I decided to adapt it to a slow cooker to see how it turned out and I really liked the results.
Healthier, spicy, tasty and easy! I didn’t find it hot. It had a nice bite to it and was very far from bland.
Makes a great side dish for many different meals.
- 12oz bag frozen carrots
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 Tablespoons dried
- Coat inside of 2 quart or less slow cooker with olive oil. Add all ingredients and cook on high for 45 minutes. Turn to low and cook an additional 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- My tiny 1 quart slow cooker doesn’t have a high setting, so I cook it for 4-5 hours or until the carrots are tender. Stir about once an hour.
- Using blanched carrots? Check a little earlier for tenderness.
- Using fresh carrots? Cut into 1/4 slices and add an hour to cooking time.