Since the Slow Cooker North African Spiced Carrots recipe was a hit, I decided to try a sweet version in the slow cooker.
They turned out very good. The bite of the cayenne pepper added some needed spice with all the sweet.
Matches well with a good variety of meals. I serve it with spicy entrees often.
- 12oz bag frozen carrots
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Grease 2 quart or less slow cooker with butter.
- Add all ingredients and cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Turn to low and cook an additional 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- My 1 quart slow cooker doesn’t have a high setting, or any setting for that matter, so I cook it for 4-5 hours or until the carrots are tender.
- Using blanched carrots? Check a little earlier for tenderness.
- Using fresh carrots? Cut into 1/4 slices and add an hour to cooking time.