I’m not going to spend as much time on fundraising as I would like, but NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo’s Young Writers Program could use your help. I’d like to be able to give more to support NaNo, so I figured I would set up a fundraiser page in an attempt to raise just a few more dollars.
I’m not expecting much, but I feel like I owe NaNo. If it wasn’t for NaNo, my total lifetime word count would be significantly less. NaNo gives me a deadline, a goal and a sense of accomplishment.
Here’s a copy of the form letter that appears on my fundraising page:
Dear Friends, Family, and Righteous Supporters,
This November, I’m writing a novel. An entire novel, started from scratch, and completed in just one month, as part of National Novel Writing Month(NaNoWriMo).
And you thought nothing interesting ever happened in November.
NaNoWriMo is free. I’m raising money to help the nonprofit that runs it:
- Value and encourage all writers’ voices, no matter their gender, race, or background.
- Provide free curriculum, workbooks, and virtual tools to students and educators in 2,000 classrooms.
- Guide 700+ community leaders in building vibrant, writing and literacy-focused oases in their local neighborhoods, libraries, and bookstores.
Every dollar I raise will keep my spirits high as I write my way towards the realization of my creative goals. More importantly, your contribution will help the nonprofit behind National Novel Writing Month build a more engaged and inspiring world. You can help by:
- Making a much-valued donation to this page!
- Spreading the word, and sharing my page with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
Thank you so much for your support of my writing! I’ll be posting updates on my novel and fundraising on my sponsorship page throughout the month.
If’ you’d like to support NaNo and by extension my writing, you can find my fundraising page here: http://www.classy.org/christymoon