Snack mix with a bite! If you like hot and spicy snacks, consider upping the cayenne pepper to 1 Tablespoon. I’m not that daring personally.
I made this for Christmas and it was a big hit! Everyone seemed to really like it, so I’ll be making it again soon.
If anyone has suggestions on what I could replace the nuts and sesame sticks with for a nut free version, I’d love to hear from you.
- 1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pound bag mini pretzels
- 1 12-oz can peanuts or cashews
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- Whisk together Ranch dressing, cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and olive oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the pretzels, nuts and sesame sticks in a container with a lid. Pour 1/3 of the seasoned oil over the top. Put the lid on the container and toss. Repeat until all ingredients are used and well coated with seasoned oil.
- Leave lid on and allow pretzel mixture to sit for 2 to 3 hours in container. Shake gently every 15-20 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with paper towels. Pour the pretzel mixture on the lined baking sheets and dry overnight.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.