I make this a lot around Christmas and often give it as gifts. I haven’t done anything creative with the packaging yet, but I’ll post pictures when I figure out something I like. For now, I just use pretty tins I’ve collected over the years. Eventually I’m going to run out, so I better come up with something soon.
Puppy Chow freezes pretty well, so leftovers always go in the freezer to be enjoyed later. It’s especially yummy frozen in the middle of the summer.
Be very careful, it’s addictive!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place Rice Chex in large bowl.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in gallon ziplock bag.
- Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute. Blend thoroughly.
- Add vanilla to peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Stir well.
- Pour peanut butter and chocolate mixture over cereal and toss evenly. Make sure all cereal is coated.
- Dump half of cereal into gallon bag. Add last cup of powdered sugar and dump in remaining cereal. Shake until cereal is well coated.
- Pour cereal on waxed or parchment paper to dry.