Snack mix with a bite! If you like hot and spicy snacks, consider upping the cayenne pepper to 1 Tablespoon. I’m not that daring personally.
I made this for Christmas and it was a big hit! Everyone seemed to really like it, so I’ll be making it again soon.
If anyone has suggestions on what I could replace the nuts and sesame sticks with for a nut free version, I’d love to hear from you.
- 1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pound bag mini pretzels
- 1 12-oz can peanuts or cashews
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- Whisk together Ranch dressing, cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and olive oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the pretzels, nuts and sesame sticks in a container with a lid. Pour 1/3 of the seasoned oil over the top. Put the lid on the container and toss. Repeat until all ingredients are used and well coated with seasoned oil.
- Leave lid on and allow pretzel mixture to sit for 2 to 3 hours in container. Shake gently every 15-20 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with paper towels. Pour the pretzel mixture on the lined baking sheets and dry overnight.