Very quick and yummy cluster recipe.
I use leftover nuts and chocolate from holiday baking to make these and sometimes they’re gone faster than everything else.
Makes a great addition to holiday candies and makes a great gift for the nut lover with a sweet tooth. Sometimes I add mini M&M’s to add a little color, so they look more festive. Dried fruit and your favorite nut mixes instead of plain peanuts are good, too!
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup lightly salted or unsalted, roasted peanuts
- In small bowl place milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave for 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Stir in peanuts and drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper, waxed paper or into candy papers. Set until firm.
- Try using your favorite low-salt nut mix instead of peanuts or toss in some dried fruit.