I’ve tried several banana bread recipes in the bread machine, but this is the first one that cooked all the way through while still having enough banana taste to call it banana bread. My hubby loves bananas, so I was excited when I finally found a recipe that worked for me. However, he’s not fond of nuts so the picture is the just banana version of the recipe. I’ve never tried it with nuts.
Now I’m looking for a pumpkin bread recipe that cooks through. The last one I tried was a disaster. Ugh!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Butter or spray bread machine pan with Pam. I prefer butter, but Pam works better on older pans.
- Premix all ingredients in order and pour into bread pan. Some bread machines mix everything fine and some do not. I try to play it safe and premix.
- Set bread machine to quick bread or cake setting. If your bread machine doesn’t have either setting, use the bake setting and set timer for and hour and 30 minutes. Make sure to premix everything well if using the bake setting.
- Bake and enjoy!
- When banana bread is done baking, remove the pan from the machine and let cool. I don’t let it cool completely myself, I’m too excited to eat some, but let it cool considerably before removing from the pan. It tends to hold up better.