Tortellini and Ham
Write a review
- 1 package (12 ounces) Barilla Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ClearJel (cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the clearjel, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- You could use frozen cheese tortellini.
- I clean and freeze peppers at the end of the summer for use all winter.
- I also use fresh peppers when in season.
- You could use canned chicken broth if you want.
- Parmesan cheese could also be used instead of Romano.
- Wonderful recipe for using up that leftover ham after a holiday.
Kryson's Kreations http://krysonskreations.com/
Note from Christy: The pictures have broccoli instead of peppers. I used a 12oz bag of frozen broccoli cuts for the picky people. I thought it was great with the broccoli, but I’m anxious to try it with peppers, too.