My husband doesn’t care for oatmeal cookies, but he likes these. I don’t know if it’s the chocolate chips or the added flavor from the brown sugar, but I was shocked when he ate more than one! I found a way to get him to eat oats!
Now I just need to find a way to get him to eat bell peppers and celery. Then… I will feel accomplished. Somehow, I don’t think the celery is ever going to happen though.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Add shortening, egg, milk and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Mix in oats, chocolate chips and raisins if desired.
- Drop dough two inches apart onto greased cookie sheet using a teaspoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.