Another family favorite. No bake cookies are quick, easy and yummy! This was one of my daughter’s favorite cookies as a child.
They’re also fantastic in ice cream and freeze well. When I’m in a cookie making mood, this is one of the first recipes I make. For most of last year, I had No Bake Cookies in the freezer because every time I’d run out or give them away to the kids, I’d make more.
I think I feel a cookie making mood coming on…
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- In saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Stop stirring and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir well.
- Use a spoon to drop cookies onto parchment or waxed paper.
- Let cool completely.
- You can make the cookies any size you like. The larger the cookie, the more time it takes to cool and set up. Sometimes I make them bite size and freeze them, eating just one from time to time when I'm craving chocolate and peanut butter.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.