Another family favorite. No bake cookies are quick, easy and yummy! This was one of my daughter’s favorite cookies as a child.
They’re also fantastic in ice cream and freeze well. When I’m in a cookie making mood, this is one of the first recipes I make. For most of last year, I had No Bake Cookies in the freezer because every time I’d run out or give them away to the kids, I’d make more.
I think I feel a cookie making mood coming on…
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- In saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Stop stirring and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir well.
- Use a spoon to drop cookies onto parchment or waxed paper.
- Let cool completely.
- You can make the cookies any size you like. The larger the cookie, the more time it takes to cool and set up. Sometimes I make them bite size and freeze them, eating just one from time to time when I'm craving chocolate and peanut butter.