When I need a side dish that goes together fast so I can concentrate on the rest of a large meal, this is one of the first recipes that springs to mind. I’ve made it for large potluck gatherings as well and there’s rarely any left.
My family loves it and it freezes well, so it’s one of my favorite go-to sides for large meals, holiday meals and other gatherings.
- 4 14.5 ounce cans green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 pound bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- coarse ground pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Don't forget the slotted spoon!
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.