I did pretty well on the first day of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), so I decided to treat myself today. I’d seen a recipe for Snickerdoodle Mug Cake and decided to modify it. I had some Pumpkin Egg Nog in the fridge that’s due to go out soon, so I thought, “Why not make Pumpkin Egg Nog Mug Cake as my I did good treat!”
As fate would have it the photo challenge for this week is Treat, so I decided now was a good time to share my modified recipe and complete the challenge.
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin egg nog
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For layering/topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice until completely mixed.
- Melt butter in the microwave and add pumpkin egg nog. The warm butter heats up the pumpkin egg nog so it's a little thinner and easier to mix.
- Blend in butter, pumpkin egg nog and vanilla until batter is smooth.
- Scoop about a third of the batter into a large coffee cup. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon sugar mix. Keep layering, alternating layers, until all the batter is used. Top with sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until cake is done. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving. In my 1250W microwave, 1 minute was enough.
Weekly Photo Challenge – Treat