I did pretty well on the first day of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), so I decided to treat myself today. I’d seen a recipe for Snickerdoodle Mug Cake and decided to modify it. I had some Pumpkin Egg Nog in the fridge that’s due to go out soon, so I thought, “Why not make Pumpkin Egg Nog Mug Cake as my I did good treat!”
As fate would have it the photo challenge for this week is Treat, so I decided now was a good time to share my modified recipe and complete the challenge.
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin egg nog
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For layering/topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice until completely mixed.
- Melt butter in the microwave and add pumpkin egg nog. The warm butter heats up the pumpkin egg nog so it's a little thinner and easier to mix.
- Blend in butter, pumpkin egg nog and vanilla until batter is smooth.
- Scoop about a third of the batter into a large coffee cup. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon sugar mix. Keep layering, alternating layers, until all the batter is used. Top with sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until cake is done. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving. In my 1250W microwave, 1 minute was enough.
Weekly Photo Challenge – Treat
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.