I found this Puppy Chow Popcorn recipe posted on My Happy Place and knew I just had to try it. Everyone seems to love Puppy Chow and I was planning on making caramel corn and cinnamon popcorn this Christmas, so I figured while I was making… why not?
I added slightly more of everything versus the recipe, so I thought a repost was in order.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- If using an air popper to make popcorn; 1/4 cup of unpopped kernels should make about 12 cups popped popcorn.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a small bowl. Start with 15 seconds. Stir. Keep heating in 10 second increments and stirring until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Shouldn’t take more than a couple of times. Make sure not to overheat or it will turn lumpy and bitter-tasting.
- In a large bowl, pour chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Mix well, trying to coat as much of the popcorn with the chocolate mixture as possible.
- Add powdered sugar and toss until everything is evenly coated. I usually add half the powdered sugar and toss, then add the rest and toss. I seem to make less of a mess that way.