I had a couple boxes of stuffing and wanted to find something to do with them other than just following the box directions. I happened to run across a recipe for crockpot chicken and stuffing, but I didn’t have any chicken. The stuffing was pork flavored, so I decided it was a sign and substituted pork for the chicken.
I’ve made this several times now. Sometimes I only use one can of soup and I’ve even used no soup and twice the sour cream. I don’t always add water or wind up adding it more towards the end depending on how liquidy the mixture is. I don’t like the stuffing too wet or too dry, so I modify it while it cooks, but I don’t always have the chance. If I’m not able to keep an eye on it, I follow the recipe below and it works well.
You can replace the pork loin with 4 chicken breasts, 2-3 pounds of turkey, 2-3 pounds of pork chops or any other meat you like with stuffing. Use your favorite stuffing flavors or make your own.
- 2-3 pounds pork loin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of mushroom, onion or celery soup
- 2 boxes of pork stuffing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of frozen green beans or french style green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- Olive oil spray or Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray slow cooker with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place pork loin in slow cooker. Add onion and celery.
- Pour dry stuffing mix on top of pork and vegetables.
- Stir together soup and sour cream. Spread over stuffing mix.
- Dump green beans on top.
- Add water on top of green beans.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Add less water if you like your stuffing dry, more if you like it very moist.
- You can shred the pork into the stuffing or slice it and serve the stuffing mixture on the side, as pictured. It's good both ways.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.