Sorry for the terrible picture. It looked better in the camera, honest! I’ll take pictures again the next time I make them, but as always, anyone that tries them out and wants to send pictures, please do.
I love making these little muffins and freezing them for later. They heat quickly and make for a fast, satisfying breakfast.
Serve with fresh fruit for a well-rounded breakfast.
Tater Tot Breakfast Muffins
- 36 tater tots
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Favorite Fillings, Diced
- Suggestions: ham, sausage, bacon, turkey bacon, green peppers, red peppers, onion, fresh mushrooms, spinach, kale
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously grease or spray all the cups of the muffin pan with shortening, butter, spray olive oil or cooking spray. I seem to have less problems with sticking when I use shortening.
- Place 3 thawed tater tots in each cup of a muffin pan. If you forget to take the tater tots out to thaw, you can pop them in the microwave for a minute or two to thaw. After placing in muffin pan cups, use a small cup to squish the tater tots flat.
- Bake tater tots for 10 minutes.
- Remove tater tots from oven and fill each cup loosely with your favorite fillings. Don't cram or pack them in, the eggs need holes to fill.
- Whisk together eggs and cup milk. Fill each cup with egg mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked through.
- To remove muffins, run a fork around the edge of each one to loosen it from the sides. Place fork back in the side, push in on the muffin gently and twist. The muffin should pop right out.
- To freeze cool completely and wrap each muffin in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag. This keeps the muffins from sticking together and helps prevent frost buildup.
- To heat from frozen, microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. 1 1/2 minutes works for me at full power in a 1250W microwave.
Kryson's Kreations http://krysonskreations.com/
I found this recipe on the net somewhere and adapted it to my style over time, but I’m not sure of the original source. There are many different sites with very similar recipes. So, I didn’t give any one site credit as the “adapted from” because I don’t know which one to credit. Thanks to all of them though. I enjoy having a yummy, fast breakfast choice.