Easier than regular Chicken Cordon Bleu with the added bonus of pasta! I really enjoyed this recipe.
I modified the recipe some. With our love of garlic, I added a bit more along with more ham, pepper and parsley. Due to the salt in ham, I took salt out of the ingredients, so you might want to salt to your taste.
If you don’t like swiss cheese, you can use a different cheese. I think it would taste pretty yummy with provolone.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" inch cubes
- 1/2 pound diced ham
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Don’t cook through. The chicken will continue to cook while it simmers.
- Add ham, pasta, water, chicken broth, pepper and onion powder. Stir
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add Swiss cheese. Stir until melted.
- Top with breadcrumbs and place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- If you don't want to use the broiler, toast breadcrumbs in a skillet before sprinkling over pasta.