Who could resist chocolate and strawberries? Try dipping half of the cookie into the glaze like a chocolate strawberry.
This recipe can be easily modified for other flavored cake mixes. Imagine replacing the strawberry cake mix with red velvet, caramel, banana supreme, orangesicle or any of your favorite cake mixes.
I’m thinking about trying a spice cake mix next with white chocolate glaze. What do you think?
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350°
- In large bowl combine cake mix, butter or margarine and eggs. Mix well. Stir in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost set. Cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze and allow to set.
- Glaze: In small bowl microwave mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 1/2 Tablespoons shortening for 30 seconds. Stir. If needed, microwave an additional 10 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle on cooled cookies.
- In small bowl microwave white chocolate chips and 1 1/2 Tablespoons shortening for 30 seconds. Stir. If needed, microwave an additional 10 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle on cooled cookies. Allow to set before storing in an airtight container.
This recipe is almost identical to Cherry Cordial Cookies with only a slight variation in the glaze. I liked cherry so much I decided to try strawberry!
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.