|6 ounces spaghetti||3 Tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch||1/3 cup cold water|
|1/2 teaspoon curry powder||3 Tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced||1 medium onion, sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli||1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1/2 cup shredded carrot||1 Tablespoon cooking oil|
|3 cups shredded cabbage|
- In saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Stir soy sauce into cornstarch. Stir in water and curry.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add half the noodles. Stir-fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon more oil and the remaining noodles.
- Add 1 tablespoon more oil and stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds. Add onion and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrot. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce mixture. Stir into vegetables. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in noodles and heat through. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok. Stir-fry cabbage 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Arrange on platter and top with noodle mixture.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Works best in a wok, but can be made in skillet.