With small substitution, you can turn No Bake Cookies into No Bake French Vanilla Cappuccino Cookies.
One day last year, I wanted to make No Bake Cookies, but I didn’t have enough sugar for the recipe I had. After looking online, I considered just cutting the recipe in half until my eyes rested on the cappuccino powder. With all the sugar in cappuccino powder, I figured it would make a decent substitute for the missing sugar.
I wound up with a no bake I liked even better than the original.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup French vanilla cappuccino powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- In saucepan, combine sugar, cappuccino powder, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Stop stirring and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir well.
- Use a spoon to drop cookies onto parchment or waxed paper.
- Let cool completely.
- You can make the cookies any size you like. The larger the cookie, the more time it takes to cool and set up. Sometimes I make them bite size and freeze them, eating just one from time to time when I'm craving chocolate and peanut butter.
- You can use any flavor of cappuccino powder. Just make sure it would taste good with cocoa and peanut butter.