Easy, creamy and disappears like magic!
This is a great recipe for large meals, holidays and potlucks. At potlucks, I’ve never had leftovers and sometimes didn’t even get a bite of it because it was gone before I got my food.
Want to make it extra special? Try adding ham and mushrooms, ham and broccoli or top with crumbled bacon. Even hamburger and green beans are yummy in this versatile dish.
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom, chicken or onion soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir soup, sour cream, butter, potatoes, onion and cheese in a 9x13 casserole dish. Season with the black pepper. Sprinkle evenly with the crushed corn flakes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Try adding ham and mushrooms for a yummy entree.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.