This nice and easy side dish compliments a variety of entrees. I like making herbed potatoes with recipes that take a lot of time to prepare. The potatoes cook in the slow cooker while making the main dish.
Red potatoes are pretty, but any kind will do. I’ve used regular baking potatoes, gold potatoes or whatever I had on hand. I’ve also replaced the herbs with Italian seasoning when accompanying an Italian main dish.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 Tablespoon snipped basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and peel a strip around the center of each potato. Place potatoes in slow cooker and add water.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain well.
- In saucepan heat olive oil with parsley, lemon juice, chives and basil. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss until thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Don't have fresh herbs on hand? Dried herbs work just fine. Make sure to crush dried herbs to help release their flavor