This salad is especially good when using garden tomatoes. Wonderful addition to backyard BBQs, picnics and gatherings.
I try most recipes first without salt and add it later if needed. This salad seems to need the salt. You could probably do without it if using home grown tomatoes, but I haven’t tried it.
Sometimes I have to adjust the herbs depending on how strong the basil is. My basil is stronger some years than others, so if you grow your own basil, you might want to take a taste test before serving and add more if needed.
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cubed or shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely cracked pepper
- Cook macaroni as the package directs. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix/toss together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or until chilled.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.