Super soft! A family favorite!
My husband isn’t a big fan of sweets and this is the only cookie he actually asks me to make.
I rarely have pumpkin spice, but the spices can be replaced with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice if you’d prefer. I like the extra cinnamon myself, but both ways taste good to me.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates (optional)
- 1/2 cup desired nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins or dates and nuts.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- You can use parchment paper instead of greasing the cookie sheet. Especially helpful to keep the bottom of the cookies from turning too brown on an age-darkened cookie sheet.