Easier than regular Chicken Cordon Bleu with the added bonus of pasta! I really enjoyed this recipe.
I modified the recipe some. With our love of garlic, I added a bit more along with more ham, pepper and parsley. Due to the salt in ham, I took salt out of the ingredients, so you might want to salt to your taste.
If you don’t like swiss cheese, you can use a different cheese. I think it would taste pretty yummy with provolone.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" inch cubes
- 1/2 pound diced ham
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Don’t cook through. The chicken will continue to cook while it simmers.
- Add ham, pasta, water, chicken broth, pepper and onion powder. Stir
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add Swiss cheese. Stir until melted.
- Top with breadcrumbs and place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- If you don't want to use the broiler, toast breadcrumbs in a skillet before sprinkling over pasta.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.