I found this Puppy Chow Popcorn recipe posted on My Happy Place and knew I just had to try it. Everyone seems to love Puppy Chow and I was planning on making caramel corn and cinnamon popcorn this Christmas, so I figured while I was making… why not?
I added slightly more of everything versus the recipe, so I thought a repost was in order.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- If using an air popper to make popcorn; 1/4 cup of unpopped kernels should make about 12 cups popped popcorn.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a small bowl. Start with 15 seconds. Stir. Keep heating in 10 second increments and stirring until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Shouldn’t take more than a couple of times. Make sure not to overheat or it will turn lumpy and bitter-tasting.
- In a large bowl, pour chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Mix well, trying to coat as much of the popcorn with the chocolate mixture as possible.
- Add powdered sugar and toss until everything is evenly coated. I usually add half the powdered sugar and toss, then add the rest and toss. I seem to make less of a mess that way.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.