Slightly smoky and full of flavor, this easy baked beans recipe is great for a small meal or can be doubled, tripled or more to feed a crowd. If you double the recipe, it just fits in a 1.5-quart slow cooker.
Make sure to add extra time to the minimum if you double, triple or quadruple the recipe. The sauce will thicken the longer it cooks.
You can use your favorite BBQ sauce. I use KC Masterpiece because that’s what I usually have on hand.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry minced onion
- 2 sliced crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2-4 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a 1 or 1.5 quart slow cooker.
- Stir and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
- Sauce thickens the longer it cooks.