Super soft! A family favorite!
My husband isn’t a big fan of sweets and this is the only cookie he actually asks me to make.
I rarely have pumpkin spice, but the spices can be replaced with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice if you’d prefer. I like the extra cinnamon myself, but both ways taste good to me.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates (optional)
- 1/2 cup desired nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins or dates and nuts.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- You can use parchment paper instead of greasing the cookie sheet. Especially helpful to keep the bottom of the cookies from turning too brown on an age-darkened cookie sheet.
Christy is a writer, crafter, amateur photographer and enjoys sharing recipes. She also loves pushing buttons in Photoshop until her pictures magically look better.
Always looking for more work, Christy is currently editing her first book, finishing her second, blogging, guest blogging and making a nuisance of herself.