I love it when pork shoulder goes on sale because I can finally have me some pork stroganoff!
I looked at this recipe many times before I finally made it. I always thought stroganoff was supposed to be made with beef. That’s the way I always made it and wasn’t sure I would like it with pork. Turns out, I liked it better. Especially with smoked pork shoulder.
Another family favorite thanks to trying something a little different.
Slow Cooker Pork Stroganoff
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, 1 inch cubed
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon instant beef granules or Better Than Bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- hot egg noodles
- Brown pork in hot oil on all sides and drain. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender, then transfer to slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms to slow cooker.
- Combine water, bouillon, parsley and pepper. Pour over meat and mushroom mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn to high and heat until bubbly (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Mix together the sour cream, wine and flour. Stir into pork mixture and heat until thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Serve over noodles.
Kryson's Kreations http://krysonskreations.com/