- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter or black bean paste
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 20 drops Chinese hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
|3 to 4 pound boneless pork roast||1/2 cup apple juice|
|1 teaspoon dry mustard||1 teaspoon basil|
|1/2 teaspoon onion powder||1/2 cup soy sauce|
- Combine all ingredients, except pork roast, in small bowl.
- Place roast in large plastic bag and pour sauce over roast. Press air out and close top securely. Marinate 2 hours or more, turning meat over occasionally.
- Remove roast and reserve marinade. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray. Insert meat thermometer so bulb is in the center of thickest part of meat.
- Roast in oven at 325 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- Brush roast with reserved marinade every 10 minutes during last half of cooking time. Heat and serve remaining marinade with pork.
|6 ounces spaghetti||3 Tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch||1/3 cup cold water|
|1/2 teaspoon curry powder||3 Tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 clove garlic, minced||1 medium onion, sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli||1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1/2 cup shredded carrot||1 Tablespoon cooking oil|
|3 cups shredded cabbage|
- In saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Stir soy sauce into cornstarch. Stir in water and curry.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add half the noodles. Stir-fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon more oil and the remaining noodles.
- Add 1 tablespoon more oil and stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds. Add onion and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrot. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce mixture. Stir into vegetables. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in noodles and heat through. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok. Stir-fry cabbage 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Arrange on platter and top with noodle mixture.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Works best in a wok, but can be made in skillet.
|1 skinless, boneless chicken breast||2 Tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 Tablespoon cornstarch||1/3 cup chicken broth|
|2 Tablespoons dry sherry||1/4 teaspoon sugar|
|2 Tablespoons cooking oil||1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained||1 6-ounce package frozen snow peas, thawed|
- Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Stir soy sauce into cornstarch. Stir in chicken broth, sherry, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat wok over high heat and add oil. Stir-fry mushrooms and bamboo shoots 1 minute. Remove from wok.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from wok.
- Add more oil to wok if needed. Stir-fry chicken 2 to 3 minutes or until done.
- Stir broth mixture; stir into wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Return all vegetables to wok. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Makes 2-3 servings.
You don’t need a wok to make this recipe. Works just fine in a skillet.
|1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed||2 slightly beaten eggs|
|1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs||1/2 cup milk|
|2 Tablespoons soy sauce||1 1/4 teaspoons salt|
|1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce||Mushroom Sauce|
- Drain spinach and combine with eggs, bread crumbs, milk, soy sauce, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Add 2 pounds hamburger. Mix well.
- Shape into round loaf slightly smaller in diameter than crockery cooker.
- Lay two 15×2 inch strips of double thick foil in a crisscross fashion across bottom and up sides of cooker. Place loaf on top, not touching sides. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Use foil as lifters to remove loaf from cooker to serving platter. Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
|1 3-ounce can sliced mushrooms, undrained||2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 cup dairy sour cream||1 Tablespoons snipped chives|
In saucepan combine mushrooms and flour. Stir in sour cream and chives. Cook and stir until thickened. Do not boil.